Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Type of wood and time of passage: 12 months in French (60%) and American (40%) oak barrels. 25% new barrels, 25% of 2 years, 25% of 3 years and 25% of 4 years maximum.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Marqués de Cáceres Crianza 2017:
Ruby red color with garnet sparkles, medium-high layer, agile and with good glycerin in the glass.
We find aromas of ripe red fruit, licorice, sweet spices (vanilla), with milky notes and a balsamic background that gives freshness.
It has an easy and sweet entry, good fruit weight in the step and polished tannins. Good acidity that invites to drink and end of medium persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Ensalada de caballa marinada.
Ingredients: 600 gr. of mackerel, a few leaves of lettuce, 2 carrots, 2 green half-cooked asparagus, 1/4 half-cooked beans, 8 cherry tomatoes, a piece of ginger, 10 gr. of sugar, 2 limes, 1 orange, olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the loins of the mackerel and remove the spines.
- Put in a freezer bag the sugar, the orange zest and its juice, the lime juice and a little grated ginger.
- Season the fish and add it to the bag. We close it well (trying to keep as little air as possible inside it) and let it be marine in the refrigerator for 2 hours
- We put in a plate, to our taste, the leaves of lettuce, carrot sticks, asparagus, green beans and cherry tomatoes. We place the chopped mackerel on top.
- Put the marinated juice in a bowl and add olive oil and salt. We remove to bind and incorporate chopped parsley and season.