Winery: Bodegas La Rioja Alta.
Type of wood and time of passage: 3 years of aging in American oak barrels of 3 wines for Tempranillo and 30 months for Garnacha. Plus two more years minimum in bottle.
Tasting note: Ruby color, medium-high layer, very bright and clean. On the nose, delicate aromas of black fruits are mixed with spicy notes (pepper), vanilla and coconut, the latter coming from aging in American oak. Powerful and elegant entrance and step at the same time, with a magnificent acidity that augurs it a lot of longevity and round and silky tannins. Long and subtle ending.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Buey Strogonoff.
Ingredients: 800 gr. of ox sirloin, 250 gr. of mushrooms, 100 gr. of butter, 1 kg. of potatoes, 3 onions, 1 glass of red wine, 60 gr. of cream, salt and pepper.
- Cut the piece of meat into cubes of 2 cm. sideways.
- Put the saucepan on the fire with 50 gr. of butter, and when it is melted, fry the pieces of beef and the peeled and chopped onions.
- Season, bathe with the wine and let it sauté for 1 hour and a half over moderate heat.
- Clean the mushrooms, cut the sandy part of the feet, clean them well with a cloth and cut them in julienne.
- After an hour and a half of cooking the meat, add the mushrooms and 10 minutes later the potatoes, and keep cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Once the cooking is finished add the cream and stir.
A delicacy to enjoy!