Age: Gran Reserva.
Winery: Bodegas La Rioja Alta.
Tasting note: Cherry red color with garnet trim, medium layer. On the nose, we find a bouquet of secondary and tertiary aromas that give way to the fruit, still present: toffee, tobacco leaf, soft toasted, sweet spices, memories of coconut and then, very ripe red fruit. In the mouth, the milk notes return, after which we find the fruit again, good acidity to support the long aging and good volume and breadth. A wine with a long journey and a complex and elegant retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Risotto de queso azul.
Ingredients: 3 teaspoons of butter, 1 onion, 50 gr. of bacon, 300 gr. of arborio rice, 1 liter of chicken stock, 2 tablespoons of blue cheese, salt and pepper, liquid cream.
- Put a deep pot over medium heat with a little olive oil and one teaspoon of butter.
- Fry the onion cut in julienne. Add the very thin bacon.
- Fry these ingredients for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir with the help of a spoon so that it is soaked in the fat of the preparation until the grains begin to turn transparent.
- Add the chicken broth and a little cream to taste. Cook over medium heat stirring to avoid sticking in the bottom of the pot. Cook the rice for 20 minutes over medium heat, until the rice is creamy. Add salt, black pepper to taste and white wine.
- Cook on low heat for about 5 more minutes.
- Once the rice has the characteristic honeyed consistency, add the blue cheese and the rest of the butter.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
A delicious dish!