Age: Gran Reserva.
Winery: Bodegas La Rioja Alta.
Tasting notes: Cherry red color with slightly lighter edges, medium layer, clean and very bright. On the nose, secondary and tertiary aromas predominate such as leaf litter, truffle, tobacco leaf and, incredibly, the red fruit appears behind. On the palate, the entrance is friendly, the pace silky, harmonious, balanced, with an acidity still well present and a complex and elegant retronasal. End of long persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Rollo de ternera al estilo mallorquín.
Ingredients: 1 kq. of minced beef, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro. For the filling: salt and pepper, 2 slices of ham, 1 fresh sausage, 1 chopped hard-boiled egg, 3 tablespoons of sobrasada, 1 cup of cooked vegetable salad and 1 pinch of garlic salt.
- Mix the chopped onion and cilantro with the minced meat. Add salt with garlic to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. Spread the minced meat on aluminum foil (it must have a rectangular shape). When stretching, make sure that there is not a very thin layer, because it would break when mounting the roll.
- For the filling, place the ham slices and the cooked vegetables in the center of the rectangle of minced meat. Cut the boiled egg into slices.
- On one side of the rectangle, place one row of sausage, another of boiled egg and another of sobrassada.
- Done this, roll up the meat and wrap the roll with the foil.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. When ready, remove it from the oven, cut it into slices and serve.