Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Type of wood and time of passage: malolactic in new French oak barrels and 18 to 20 months of aging in new French oak barrels.
Excellent Vintage: A more modern profile of the Rioja reserves. This wine was launched with the "excellent" vintage 2001, a tribute to the terroir, to the oldest vineyard of Cenicero, from which it comes.
Tasting note for Red Wine Gaudium Reserva 2018:
Cherry color with garnet rims with some purple flare, high layer.
It emphasizes its marked spicy character without "covering" the fruit, notes of shady woods, licorice stick and blond tobacco. Very complex and interesting.
It is delicate at the entrance, gaining power in the palate, with red tannins, elegant toast and acidity still alive.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Ragout de ternera.
Ingredients: 400 gr. of beef skirt (to cook), 150 gr. of cooked peas, 500 gr. of carrots, 1 onion, 1 nut of butter, 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce, flour, 500 ml. of red wine (Marqués de Cáceres), water, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, a sachet with aromatic herbs: thyme, rosemary, laurel.
- Peel and chop the onion and put in a pot with the butter, a little oil and a pinch of salt. Add the bag of herbs.
- Add salt to the meat, flour and cook it in a pan with a little oil.
- When you take color, pass it to the pot.
- Pour the red wine and add water to cover the meat. Close the fast pot and cook 15 minutes after the safety valve rises.
- After this time, open the pot, peel the carrots, cut them into slices and add together with the tomato sauce.
- Close and cook another 2 minutes after the steam starts to come out.
- Open, add the cooked peas and cook another 2-3 minutes without closing the pot.
Serve hot. Bon Appetite!