Remelluri is a winery of secular history. In the fourteenth century, Hieronymite monks settled in these lands, creating a monastic farm and leaving the place in the fifteenth century; the sanctuary is maintained with hermits who worship until well into the nineteenth century and the farm and monastery are depending on the Royal Currency.
In 1845, with the law of confiscation, land, houses and even the hermitage were sold. A landowner from Labastida acquires the main nucleus, maintaining the vineyard. This property, of approximately 20 hectares, arrives intact until 1967 and is then acquired by Jaime Rodríguez Salis and Amaya Hernandorena, the current owners. Today they have 154 hectares of vineyards in La Rioja Alavesa.