Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Marqués de Cáceres MC 2017:
Cherry red color with violet tones and stained tear.
The fruit is the protagonist: with marked aromas of plums and ripe blackberries wrapped in spicy notes (vanilla, pepper), roasted touches and memories of mocha.
The attack is frank, with a lively and fresh step where the fruit returns on a balsamic background and a pleasant acidity that gives it a lot of freshness. Slightly bitter finish very nice and elegant.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Estofado de cordero al estilo marroquí.
Ingredients: 300 gr. of lamb, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 200 ml. of beef broth, 2 teaspoons of flour, 80 ml. of extra virgin olive oil, 30 gr. of peanuts, salt and pepper.
- In a pot with oil cook the lamb meat cut into small cubes, previously seasoned with a pinch of cinnamon, cumin, curry, add salt and pepper.
- Remove when golden.
- In the same pot, fry the onion, carrot and garlic, finely chopped until these ingredients are golden brown; Season to taste.
- Dissolve the flour in the beef broth and add them to the pot along with the meat.
- Season with the rest of the cumin, curry and cinnamon, cook over low heat and cover for 40 minutes.
- When ready, sprinkle ground peanuts and, if desired, parsley or cilantro.