Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Tasting notes: Cherry red color with violet tones and stained tear. On the nose, the fruit is the protagonist, with marked aromas of plums and ripe blackberries wrapped in spicy notes (vanilla, pepper), roasted touches and memories of mocha. In the mouth, the attack is frank, with a lively and fresh step where the fruit returns on a balsamic background and a pleasant acidity that gives it a lot of freshness. Slightly bitter finish very nice and elegant.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Estofado de cordero al estilo marroquí.
Ingredients: 300 gr. of lamb, 1 carrot, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, 200 ml. of beef broth, 2 teaspoons of flour, 80 ml. of extra virgin olive oil, 30 gr. of peanuts, salt and pepper.
- In a pot with oil cook the lamb meat cut into small cubes, previously seasoned with a pinch of cinnamon, cumin, curry, add salt and pepper.
- Remove when golden.
- In the same pot, fry the onion, carrot and garlic, finely chopped until these ingredients are golden brown; Season to taste.
- Dissolve the flour in the beef broth and add them to the pot along with the meat.
- Season with the rest of the cumin, curry and cinnamon, cook over low heat and cover for 40 minutes.
- When ready, sprinkle ground peanuts and, if desired, parsley or cilantro.