Winery: Grupo Codorníu
Tasting note for Sparkling Wine Anna de Codorníu Blanc de Blancs:
It is straw yellow with golden reflections and a fine bubble forming a constant rosary.
We find a very interesting palette of aromas, which make it a modern and versatile cava: white fruit and citrus fruits, white flowers (orange blossom), water fruit (melon) and some touches of toasted bread and nuts.
It is intense and elegant, subtle in flavors and aromas. In addition, its groundbreaking image makes it very attractive.
Optimum service temperature: 6° C.
A pairing: Huevos Benedictine.
- For eggs: 3 muffin breads, 3 slices of bacon or smoked salmon and 3 whole eggs.
- For the hollandaise sauce: 3 egg yolks, butter, the juice of 1 lemon, red pepper and salt to taste.
- First, prepare the sauce by mixing the 3 egg yolks with the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Beat until emulsified.
- Melt the butter over very low heat, with the help of a slotted spoon and remove the foam that arises when beating. Remove and reserve.
- To the bowl of the yolks go adding little by little the butter beating rhythmically.
- The best thing is that the sauce is always hot because otherwise it is easy to cut it, so it can be done in a water bath. Add the salt.
- To prepare the eggs, place the pan on the fire with water, salt and white vinegar to help curdle. It is necessary to cook the eggs one by one.
- Break the egg and place it in the water until it sets (approximately two minutes). The white should be hard and the yolk soft. The water should not boil.
- When ready, drain the liquid with a slotted spoon. Place a slice of bacon or smoked salmon on top of each muffin, poached egg and cover with hollandaise sauce.