Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Cáceres.
Tasting note: Color pale salmon with sparkling onion skin, bright, elegant and only in sight. On the nose, we find aromas of red fruit in season (raspberry, cherry cherry) and some notes of grapefruit that give freshness, on a background of Mediterranean forest. On the palate, it is fresh, with the right point of sweetness well compensated by the acidity, good fruit weight in the center and a pleasant, elegant and long finish.
Optimum service temperature: 7° C.
A pairing: Pollo con hierbabuena a la mexicana.
Ingredients: A chicken, a glass of orange juice, a spoonful of grated orange peel, 4 sprigs of mint or peppermint, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 5 tablespoons of white vinegar, oil for frying, 2 oranges, salt and pepper to taste and vegetable broth if necessary.
- Chop the mint or spearmint finely and mix with the orange juice, sugar and grated orange peel. Let stand for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into not very large pieces (to eighths), wash them and dry them well. Add salt and pepper to taste and fry in plenty of oil until the skin is golden and crispy
- Remove from the pan and drain excess fat on kitchen paper.
- Boil the vinegar in a casserole and let reduce slightly. Add the chicken and cook over low heat until tender (approximately 40 minutes). If the juice reduces too much, add a little broth of vegetables or water, keeping in mind that the sauce should have a consistency similar to honey.
- Peel the two oranges and cut them into thick slices. Serve these oranges next to the chicken, as garnish.