Winery: Bodegas Avelino Vegas.
A fresh and vigorous wine, intense cherry red color with almost bluish sparkles, clean and bright.
The intense aromas of the fruit stand out against a background of toasted and sweet spices such as vanilla or clove.
It has a powerful flavor, pleasant, smooth and fresh with a long finish.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A pairing: Canelones de espinacas y jamón
Ingredients: 16 plates for cannelloni, 1 bunch of fresh spinach, 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 600 ml. whole milk, 3 tablespoons flour, salt, 40 gr. of butter, 60 gr. of Roquefort cheese, 50 gr. of ham, 1 clove of garlic, 1 onion, 50 ml. of brandy, a pinch of nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta plates for cannelloni, once cooked we place them separately in a damp cloth and reserve them until the moment in which we are going to use them.
- In a pan put olive oil and when hot add the onion and cut into slices of garlic. Fry until soft on medium heat. We add the ham in pieces and cook for 2 or 3 minutes more.
- On the other hand, we wash the spinach and chop them. Add to the pan and cook until reduced. We put the brandy and let it cook until the alcohol evaporates. We remove from the fire and reserve.
- To prepare the bechamel sauce. Put a little butter in a pan and the moment it is melted add the flour. Cook and lightly salt.
- We incorporate the milk and without stopping to stir it mix it little by little with the butter. We are adding little by little more milk without stopping to move so that no lumps are formed. We add the nutmeg.
- Add the Roquefort cheese crumbled in the sauce and stir until completely dissolved. Cook for 5 more minutes over low heat without stopping to move.
- Remove from heat and add two tablespoons of béchamel sauce to spinach and mix
- Mount the cannelloni by filling each of the pasta plates with the sautéed and then place them on a baking sheet. Cover, once we have all filled, with sauce on top and bake at 190° C for 15 minutes.
- Gratin for 5 minutes only at the top and serve the cannelloni very warm and baked.