Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Vargas
Tasting notes for Red Wine Conde de San Cristóbal 2020:
Cherry color with violet trim, high layer and dyed tear.
There are clear aromas of ripe plum with red fruit (cherries, currants) wrapped in notes of Mediterranean bush (thyme, rosemary, rockrose).
Powerful with a marked mineral character, broad, with body and long route. The acidity is very balanced and the tannins are already mature. Good persistence and a lot of fruit in retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Tataki de atún rojo.
Ingredients: 200 gr. of loin of red tuna, 100 ml. of soy sauce, 50 ml. of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger, 1 teaspoon of sesame, 1 teaspoon of sugar, extra virgin olive oil and sesame to batter.
- In a small bowl, put the soy sauce with the vinegar, the ginger, the sugar and the tablespoon of sesame.
- Cut the tuna in two pieces along and put them in the sauce, leaving it to marinate at least 2 hours, turning the pieces from time to time so that they take well on all four sides of the pieces.
- After that time, put the sesame on a plate and pass the tuna, which are well covered.
- Put a pan over a high heat with a little oil, and when it is hot, add the tuna. Leave 10 seconds on each side and remove them: they must be raw inside, and the edges made.
- When it is cold, cut it into thin slices, and serve it accompanied by soy sauce.