Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Vargas.
Tasting notes: Cherry red with a high layer and a garnet border and medium-high layer. Nose with aromas of ripe red fruit (strawberries, currants) that give way to notes of cedar wood, dried figs, shady woods. The palate is very elegant, light in the mouth but intense in flavor, with noble and polished tannins and a very well integrated acidity. Long finish, with a lot of complexity in retronasal with hints of candied fruit (dried apricots).
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Patatas a la riojana.
Ingredients: 4 medium potatoes, 1 fresh sausage for stew, 1 green pepper, 1 medium onion, 1 level teaspoon of paprika de la Vera, 2 chorizo peppers, salt, water, olive oil.
- Put a little olive oil in a pan and cook the onion cut into small squares and the peppers cut in half.
- Add the sliced sausage without skin and lightly fry it. Pour the peeled potatoes, washed and cut into regular pieces, not very large, give a few turns to the set and add the paprika so that it is done a little but avoiding burning.
- Finally, place the open and clean chorizo peppers in the pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and at that time lower the heat so that the stew is done slowly.
- When the potato is almost ready, season and serve.
- If the broth of the thickest potatoes is desired, the casserole should be moved from time to time to help the potatoes release their starch. Anyway, we can crush with a fork some with a little liquid and add them.