Winery: Pazo San Mauro (Grupo Marqués de Vargas)
Tasting note for White Wine Pazo San Mauro 2020:
Pale yellow color with golden highlights.
Expressive, with aromas of white fruit (pear in syrup) wrapped in very pleasant herbaceous notes, memories of star anise and chamomile.
It has a soft entry, firming aromatically in the step, with an excellent acidity and nerve. Slightly bitter end and great persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 10° C.
A pairing: Vieiras a la gallega.
Ingredients: 2 scallops per person, 1 onion, 150 gr. serrano ham, extra virgin olive oil, 1 glass of Pazo San Mauro white wine, a sprig of chopped parsley and bread crumbs.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and chop the ham in a chopper.
- Put a casserole on the fire with the extra virgin olive oil and add the chopped ham. Cook over low heat for one or two minutes to seal the ham, add the chopped onion and fry for about 3 minutes over medium heat to evaporate the moisture from the onion.
- We add the white wine and stir for 5 minutes. We add the parsley and salt pepper.
- Next, add the scallops and stir carefully, wait a couple of minutes more with the fire off until the scallops are well imbibed of the stir-fry, they will finish making in the oven.
- Finally, preheat the oven to 200° C. Place each scallop shell with the stir-fry, and sprinkle the surface with a thin layer of breadcrumbs. We introduce the scallops in the middle tray at 180° C for approximately 12-15 minutes, heat up and down, without air.
- Finally, gratin for about 2 minutes until it is golden brown.
Perfect to accompany a glass of Pazo de San Mauro white wine!