Winery: Bodegas Imperiales
Type of wood and time of passage: 6 months in French and American oak barrels.
Tasting notes for Red Wine Abadía de San Quirce Barrica 6 Months 2020:
Garnet color with ruby rim.
It shows very classic varietal aromas of Tempranillo de la Ribera del Duero, very ripe, with aromas of blackberry and redcurrant and a memory of Chinese ink on a balsamic and scrubland background. When oxygenated appear spicy touches (cinnamon, cloves).
Elegant, powerful in the step and with a bitter note at the end of the route quite pleasant. Olfactory phase aromas are repeated. Fresh, thanks to a moderate acidity and firm but round tannins.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Canapés de morcilla de Burgos y queso de cabra.
Ingredients: 10 slices of goat cheese ½ cm thick, 10 slices of blood sausage, bitter orange marmalade, extra virgin olive oil, 10 slices of bread mold.
- Cut the sliced bread, with a round cutter, into discs a little wider than the diameter of the blood sausage and toast them with a few drops of oil on the bread discs on both sides.
- In the same pan or griddle, roast over medium heat a few blood sausage slices, also on both sides and without removing the casing.
- While the black pudding is made, cut the slices of goat cheese, a little thinner than black pudding.
- Put each slice of blood sausage (to which we will now have removed the skin) on top of a disc of bread and on top of everything, the cheese.
- Finish with a small teaspoon of orange marmalade.