Winery: Bodegas Avelino Vegas.
Straw yellow color, very pale and bright, with steely flashes.
Immediately, we notice that it is a wine made from grapes from old vines because of the depth of its aromas: white fruit (golden apple) and tropical fruits, wrapped in notes of white flowers (acacia) and fennel.
It is fresh, light in the step but with good fruit weight. Very varietal, broad and with good final persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 10°-12° C.
A pairing: Empanadas argentinas.
Ingredients: Brisée dough (already made) and for the filling: 250 gr. of beef, a large chopped onion, 2 boiled eggs, 10 green pitted olives, ½ teaspoon cumin, ½ teaspoon of sugar, 30 gr. of raisins, grated carrots and white cabbage chopped julienne, a pinch of salt and pepper, chopped parsley, 50 ml. of oil and a beaten egg.
- With the brisée dough, make circles to fill them.
- Put a frying pan with oil to heat, fry the onion with the meat and add the ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste, the parsley, the raisins and the sugar. Cook over medium heat until the meat is completely cooked. Optionally, a splash of meat broth can be added to add more juiciness to the filling.
- Once the filling is done, it is distributed with a spoon in the center of each circle of dough. Then, add to each pie a quarter of boiled egg and two olives cut into slices.
- Done this, add the chopped carrot and cabbage in julienne (just before serving to keep crispy), fold the dumplings, seal the edges with the tips of a fork and paint with the beaten egg.
- Then fry in plenty of oil and place on absorbent paper when ready to remove excess oil.
A different and exquisite dish!