Winery: Bodegas Enate.
Tasting notes: Cherry color medium-high layer, with good tear. On the nose, it has aromas of red berries (currants, strawberries) with floral (violet) and spicy (pepper, vanilla) nuances on a balsamic background (eucalyptus). In the mouth, the entry is smooth, round, with good fruit weight, ripe tannins and correct acidity. Memories of torrefacts and tobacco leaf in retronasal. Good persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Filete de buey flambeado al calvados.
Ingredients: 800 gr. of beef steak, 75 gr. of bacon, 1 garlic, 100 gr. of butter, 8-10 onions, 100 gr. of pitted olives, 1 spoonful of flour, 1 glass of calvados, ¼ l. of white wine, salt and pepper.
- Brown in a saucepan with 75 gr. of butter, the bacon cut into pieces and the onions, well peeled and whole.
- When they are browned, remove from the pan and put the fillet in a piece and tied; turn it until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
-Replace the bacon and onions in the pan, add the chopped garlic and olives, sprinkle with the liqueur and flambé it. Season and add the wine.
- Cover the pan and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Cut the steak into 4 slices, put the saucepan and cook 10 minutes more slowly, with the butter and the teaspoon of flour to thicken the sauce.
Serve hot and ... To eat!