Winery: Bodegas Enate
Tasting notes for Red Wine Enate C. Sauvignon Merlot 2018:
Cherry color medium-high layer, with good tear.
It has aromas of red berries (currants, strawberries) with floral (violet) and spicy (pepper, vanilla) nuances on a balsamic background (eucalyptus).
The entry is smooth, round, with good fruit weight, ripe tannins and correct acidity. Memories of torrefacts and tobacco leaf in retronasal. Good persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Filete de buey flambeado al calvados.
Ingredients: 800 gr. of beef steak, 75 gr. of bacon, 1 garlic, 100 gr. of butter, 8-10 onions, 100 gr. of pitted olives, 1 spoonful of flour, 1 glass of calvados, ¼ l. of white wine, salt and pepper.
- Brown in a saucepan with 75 gr. of butter, the bacon cut into pieces and the onions, well peeled and whole.
- When they are browned, remove from the pan and put the fillet in a piece and tied; turn it until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
-Replace the bacon and onions in the pan, add the chopped garlic and olives, sprinkle with the liqueur and flambé it. Season and add the wine.
- Cover the pan and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Cut the steak into 4 slices, put the saucepan and cook 10 minutes more slowly, with the butter and the teaspoon of flour to thicken the sauce.
Serve hot and ... To eat!