Winery: Bodegas Enate
Type of wood and time of passage: 9 months of French and American oak barrels.
Tasting note for Red Wine Enate Crianza 2017: The most "Mediterranean" wine from Enate, where Tempranillo is used.
Cherry red color with garnet sparkles, medium-high layer.
It is intense and complex, with aromas of ripe red fruit (raspberries, currants) and cherry liqueur, along with very elegant smoked oak notes and spicy and balsamic touches.
It is fresh at the entrance and in the passage, with alcohol very well balanced with acidity. End with memories of sweet spices and cherry liqueur.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Migas con huevo y foie.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of bread a couple of days before, 1 head of garlic, 150 gr. of spicy fresh chorizo, extra virgin olive oil, salt, 100 gr. of foie grass and 1 egg per person.
- The night before, cut the bread that we are going to use in pieces and moisten it with water, in which we will have diluted salt. Store in a closed container.
- Peel the garlic cloves and fry them in olive oil in a pan in which all the bread fits.
- With the garlic and golden, we toss the chorizo cut into squares and the bread crumbled and put over medium heat, stirring constantly. You have to do them slowly to make them look good.
- When we see that the crumbs stick together forming large pieces, we will cut them with the edge of the palette. They must be golden and be loose.
- We separate from the fire and while we make a grilled egg per person.
- To place, put a ring-mold on the plate and fill with crumbs.
- Remove the mold and over the crumbs place the egg, salted and covered with grated foie: for this, the foie must be very cold (so that it is hard and allow to grate) and we can use a mandolin.