Winery: Bodegas Enate.
Type of wood and time of passage: 12 months of French oak barrels.
Tasting note: Cherry color with garnet trim and medium-high layer. On the nose, we find aromas of red fruit compote (cherries, currants) mixed with balsamic notes (eucalyptus), roasted, fine carpentry and a spicy background of pepper, cinnamon and cloves. More expressive on the nose than in the mouth, where it is friendly, with light notes of pirezinas in its passage in the mouth, typical of the variety and memories of compote of cherries in retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Confit de pato con salsa de higos.
Ingredients: 4 confits of duck with its fat, 6 dried figs, 1 onion, 2 potatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, 200 ml. of Port wine, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small cubes and place them in a pan. Cover with water, season and cover.
- Cook for 12 or 15 minutes and drain. Place the duck fat in a pan and add the minced garlic cloves.
- When they brown a little, add the potato cubes, the chopped parsley and season.
- Skip the potatoes.
- Chop the onion and sauté until golden brown. Remove the scut to the figs, chop them and add them.
- Pour the wine and boil it.
- Cover with 200 ml. of water and the whole for 20 minutes. Season, shred, strain y reserve.
- Place the confits on the oven plate. Roast them in the oven at 180° C. for 10 minutes and grill.
- Serve with the sauce of figs and potatoes.
- Garnish with parsley leaves.