Winery: Bodegas Enate.
Tasting note: Straw yellow color with golden sparkles, very bright. Thanks to a pre-fermentative maceration of the skins, it is a complex wine on the nose, where aromas of green apple, peach in syrup and memories of tropical fruits such as banana or pineapple appear. The mouth also gains with that contact with the skins before the fermentation, making it unctuous, almost greasy, with good fruit weight and balanced acidity. A slight sweet note at the end of the mouth gives it a certain sweetness. A very elegant wine.
Optimum service temperature: 8°-10° C.
A pairing: Macarrones con pollo y espinacas.
Ingredients: 400 gr. of macaroni, 60 gr. of fresh chopped spinach, 3 chicken breasts.
- For the cooking of the chicken: 2 garlic cloves, 1 onion, 1 bay leaf and salt.
- For the sauce: 50 gr. of butter, 2 cloves of garlic, 60 gr. of flour, 500 ml. of skim milk, 30 gr. of light cream cheese, 375 gr. of Parmesan cheese, ground black pepper and salt.
- In a casserole, cook the chicken fillets in abundant water, with a bay leaf, two peeled garlic, a medium onion peeled and cut into quarters and a pinch of salt for 30 minutes.
- Go removing with a slotted spoon. We remove the fillets and crush them with our fingers. In a saucepan with plenty of water and a pinch of salt, when it starts to boil, add the macaroni and cook for 12-15 minutes, until they are al dente and before draining, we reserve a little water of the pasta, about half Cup.
- We put the macaroni and reserve. Meanwhile in a large skillet, over medium heat melt the butter. Peel and chop the garlic and add to the pan and sauté until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour and with the help of a whisk of rods, beat to form a roux and cook the roux for 1-2 minutes while continuing to beat. We pour the milk little by little without stopping to beat so that there are no lumps.
- Cook, approximately, for 5-6 minutes, over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened. Then add the cream cheese to the sauce and beat until the cheese has melted.
- Next, add the Parmesan cheese, the shredded chicken fillets and the chopped spinach to the sauce. Stir until the cheese has completely melted.
- We test the sauce and add pepper to taste. Add the cooked macaroni to the sauce and stir well.
Enjoy this delicious dish!