Winery: Bodegas Enate.
Tasting note: A very well vinified Cabernet, where the Cabernet does not give, neither in the nose nor in the mouth, those pirezinas of the Cabernet that remember the green pepper and are not very pleasant. Aromas of black fruit (blueberries, plums) and red fruit (raspberry) stand out in the nose, with a memory of Mediterranean forest. In the mouth, it is a wine with structure and body, well compensated with an acidity that gives it life. Round, broad and long aftertaste, a rose with a red vocation.
Optimum service temperature: 7° C.
A pairing: Marmitako de Bonito.
Ingredients: 1 kg. of bonito, 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, 2 tomatoes, 2 onions, extra virgin olive oil and 1 kg. of potato.
- Clean the bonito well. We reserve it separately and put a little water to heat in a casserole dish.
- When the water starts to boil, cook the head and thorns over medium heat.
- Apart, chop the onion and cut the green pepper into strips. Peel the tomato and cut it into very small pieces. We take another casserole and cook the onion, pepper and tomato with a little oil. When the onion is transparent, add the potatoes cut into medium pieces and cover with the broth of the cooking of the thorns, previously cast.
- While the ingredients of the marmitako are being cooked, we chop the roasted red peppers and crush them with the masher. We let them fall on the potatoes and let the cooking continue.
- When we see that the potatoes are almost ready, add the pieces of bonito and cover the casserole so that it is finished cooking and the fish is at its right point.