Winery: Bodegas Protos.
Type of wood and time of passage: 14 months in new French and American oak barrels and from second to fourth year.
Tasting note: Pillory color with purple trim and good tear. In the nose we appreciate, a gentle reduction. When oxygenated, aromas of red fruit (cherries, raspberries) appear, wrapped in floral, cocoa and toffee notes on a very discreet mineral background. The palate is fresh, with ripe tannins and good acidity, and memories of maraschino in retronasal. End of medium intensity.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Pote asturiano.
Ingredients: 1/2 kg. of white beans (from the Farm), 1 kg. of kale, 4 medium potatoes, 2 Asturian sausages, 2 Asturian blood sausage, 250 gr. from ear, tail or pork mask and salt to taste.
- Let the beans soak from the previous night.
- Put on the fire a tall pot with 2/4 parts of water and add the sausages and blood sausages (punctured with a fork), the beans and the ear or pork mask.
- When it begins to boil, cover the pot, lower the heat and let cook for 1 hour and a half.
- After this time, toss the chopped cabbage and potatoes, cut into large pieces. Rectify salt and keep the pot covered and over low heat for about 3/4 of an hour more, until everything is tender.
- Then remove from heat and let stand for about 20 minutes. Before serving, chop sausages, blood sausage and the ear or mask in regular pieces.