Winery: Grupo Codorníu.
Tasting notes: Intense pink color with sparkles carmine, very bright. On the nose, we appreciate aromas of red fruits (strawberries, cherries), red licorice and floral nuances reminiscent of violets. In the mouth, it is broad, with body, with an excellent acidity and fruit weight in the center of the mouth. A serious and forceful pink.
Optimum service temperature: 7° C.
A pairing: Fideua de marisco.
Ingredients: 500 gr. fideuá, 6 glasses of fish stock, a squid, 8 gambones, 150 gr. of chirlas, 250 gr. of rice prawns, 500 gr. of mussels, 1 monkfish bone, 1 red pepper, 20 gr. of ground saffron, 1 pinch of turmeric, 1 garlic, 1 onion, 1 tomato, parsley, a few spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Clean and chop the onion and red pepper. Put a drizzle of olive oil in a medium skillet and when it is hot add the previous vegetables. Stir until poached.
- After about 10 minutes add the squid clean and chopped. Add also the clean tomato, peeled and chopped. Stir until the liquid released by the squid is consumed.
- Turn off and reserve for the step of cooking the fideuá.
- Prepare the fish stock: Pour 6 glasses of water in a saucepan, add the chirlas, the rice prawns, the mussels and the monkfish bone. Put to boil. Once the mussels are opened, turn off the heat and strain the seafood. We set aside the broth for later.
- Put the paella pan to heat over medium heat, add the sautéed and 500 grams of fideuá with 5 glasses of broth. Reserve a glass for later, in case you need to add more as it evaporates. Put to boil.
- After 10 minutes add a pinch of turmeric and the ground saffron. In the mortar, crush the parsley, garlic and a pinch of salt and add to the paella pan.
- After another 5 minutes we put on the fideuá the shrimps and the seafood that we had used to make the broth. Check that the broth has not been consumed at all, if so, add one more glass of broth.
- After 5 more minutes, when the broth has been consumed, test if it is at its point. Then put out the fire, remove the paella pan and cover it with a cloth to let it rest for 5 minutes.