Age: Gran Reserva.
Winery: Bodegas Protos.
Tasting notes: Cherry color with garnet edging and glycerine tear. On the nose, aromas of black fruit (plums, blackberries), shady woods, fine hides, toasted woods, spices (black pepper, cloves) and touches of withered flowers appear first. In the mouth, it has an excellent acidity, it is a wine with a body and at the same time easy to drink, with a good presence of the fruit despite its long aging. Long journey and final sensations that invite you to drink.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Magret con salteado de frutas y verduras.
Ingredients: 1 duck magret, 4 small potatoes, 1 onion, 100 gr. of green beans, 1 zucchini, 6 cherry tomatoes, a handful of blueberries, a handful of gooseberries, extra virgin olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan with water and salt for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove a little of the fat of the magret, season it and seal it in a pan on the side of the fat and then on the other side.
- Put it in a freezer bag with a sprig of thyme. Cook it in a casserole with water at 50° C. for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Chop the green beans and blanch them in a saucepan with water and salt. Remove them to a bowl with cold water.
- Cut the onion into thick julienne and sauté it in a wok with a jet of olive oil.
- Add the beans and chopped potatoes. Sauté the whole and add the chopped parsley, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, currants and blueberries.
- Put salt and pepper and sauté. Serve the magret with its garnish.