Winery: Señorío de Otazu
Tasting note for Vino Blanco Otazu Chardonnay 2021:
Pale golden yellow color, very bright and clean, with a glyceric tear.
On the nose, it is a very Burgundian-style white, with aromas of citrus (grapefruit), tropical fruit (mango) and bone (apricot), wrapped by smoked, toasted and vanilla notes.
In the mouth, it is fatty, unctuous, with a perfectly measured and contained acidity thanks to malolactic fermentation. We recognize the same aromas as in the nose, with memories of nuts in retronasal and a slightly bitter finish. An elegant wine, long and persistent.
Optimum service temperature: 8° C.
A pairing: Pollo con mango y jengibre.
Ingredients: One chicken, 1-2 mangoes, 1 piece of fresh ginger, 1 spring onion, 1 celery branch, 4 garlic cloves, 1 leek, 1 chorizo pepper, 200 gr. of long grain rice, 1 glass of white wine (Otazu Chardonnay), water, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh cilantro.
- Chop two garlic and fry them in a casserole with olive oil and a chorizo pepper. Add the chicken, cook it and reserve.
- Cut finely the onion, leek and celery and put everything to poach in the same casserole. When the vegetables are well poached, incorporate the chicken. Season and add some coriander branches. Wet with white wine.
- Cook at medium temperature for 15 minutes. Add the diced mango and the grated ginger. Let it cook for 15-20 more minutes.
- Fry a couple of cloves of garlic in a saucepan. Add the rice and sauté it. Pour twice as much water, season, add a cilantro branch and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the mango and accompanied with white rice.