Winery: Señorío de Otazu
Tasting notes for Rosé Wine Otazu 2020:
Salmon color low layer, bright and bright.
Fresh and fruity nose with citrus notes of orange peel.
Light wine where its freshness and the final citrus notes stand out.
Optimum service temperature: 8°C-10° C.
A pairing: Bacalao al ajoarriero.
Ingredients: 2 kg. of cod, 1/4 l. of olive oil, 1 kg. of tomato, 500 gr. of piquillo peppers, 200 gr. of onion, 6 cloves of garlic, 6 green peppers, 6 dried choriceros peppers, a little chilli pepper, a little sugar, a little parsley and salt.
- The cod is given a soaking of 24 hours changing 3 or 4 times of water, and crumbles to the maximum. Wash it well at the tap with cold water. Drain all the water until it is completely dry.
- Put the piquillo peppers with the oil and the garlic in a pan, and let it slowly cook.
- In another casserole put the oil, the finely chopped onion, the green pepper and when it is fried, add the tomato. When it is almost done, add salt and a spoonful of sugar.
- Finally, cook all the cod already squeezed and dried in a pan with oil and four cloves of garlic and when they are golden brown they are all put into the pot where the peppers are.
- Add the choriceros peppers, which have previously been soaked, and cook for 15 minutes adding the parsley and the chilli pepper. It is a dish that improves doing it on the eve.
- Some people add potatoes and also beaten eggs in order to soften. The skin of the cod is also added very chopped as it contains a lot of gelatin that is essential in this dish.