Winery: Señorío de Otazu.
Tasting note: Cherry color with purple trim, medium high layer. Very complex on the nose, with a predominance of aromas of black fruit (plums, blackberries), spices (vanilla, nutmeg, cardamom) and soft toasted on a balsamic background (eucalyptus). The entry into the mouth is greedy, agile in the step, with polished tannins and lively acidity. Memories of black fruit and cocoa in retronasal. End of long persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Burger con roquefort.
Ingredients: 20 gr. of mache salad, 1 tomato, fresh cheese without salt, 15 gr. of chives, 1 onion, 220 gr. from Roquefort, 40 gr. of thick cream, 4 hamburger buns, 4 mini veal burgers (100 gr. each), salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Wash and dry the mache salad.
- Wash and cut the tomato into slices, and set aside at room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the fresh cheese with the chopped chives. Add salt and pepper.
- Peel and cut the onion into rings, and then brown it in a pan with a little olive oil. Reserve at room temperature.
- In a saucepan, melt the Roquefort cheese with the cream and mix well.
- Keep the sauce hot over low heat.
- Cut the bread for hamburgers in half and toast them for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cook the mini hamburgers in a pan. Add salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burgers by overlaying half a piece of bread spread with the fresh cheese mixture, a few leaves of mache salad and a hamburger.
- Cover with Roquefort sauce and add a few slices of onion.
- Cover with the other half of the bread.