Winery: Bodegas Aradón.
Tasting note: Beautiful fuchsia pink color with sparkles purple, bright and agile in the glass. On the nose, it has aromas of red fruit in season (wild strawberries, currants), milk notes, aromatic plants and floral tones (withered roses). On the palate, it is broad, with good travel, fresh and meaty. Medium-high persistence at the end of the mouth.
Optimum service temperature: 7° C.
A pairing: Carré de cordero con costra de hierbas.
Ingredients: A carré of lamb (8 ribs), a potato, 1/2 clove of garlic, a slice of toast, two tablespoons of Dijon mustard, a glass of white wine, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, aromatic herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, parsley)
- Separate the meat from the bones without cutting it completely and clean it well. Sprinkle and spread the carré with a spoonful of mustard.
- Tie the piece with a kitchen rope and place it on a baking sheet. Add a branch of oregano on the plate, wet the meat with the wine and bake at 220° C. for 15 minutes.
- For the mash, roll the clove of garlic and mash it in a mortar with a few grains of salt. Add some oregano leaves, a pinch of thyme, chopped parsley and rosemary.
- Season with a drizzle of oil and add the sliced toasted breadcrumbs. Pestle well. Remove the string from the carré, spread the piece with the rest of the mustard, smear it well with the mash and grill in the oven for 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with straw potatoes and add some salt crystals.
Delicious, to enjoy!