Winery: Grupo Codorníu.
Tasting Notes White Wine Vinos del Paseante "La Charla" 2022:
Expressive aroma of white fruit, pear or melon, accompanied by tropical character ,passion fruit, mango, and light notes of aniseed green freshness.
Smooth and fresh entry, with an unctuous palate that is balanced by a well-integrated acidity and a lingering finish.
Optimum service temperature: 8º-10º C.
A pairing: Mejillones con mantequilla de ajo.
Ingredients: 800 g. mussels, 1 dash of white wine La Charla, 1 bay leaf, 85 g. butter, 350 g. breadcrumbs, 4 tablespoons chopped parsley and a few twigs to garnish, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, 2 chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper
- Clean the mussels under cold water and remove the mussels.
- Put the mussels in a saucepan with the wine and bay leaf, cover the pot and cook on a high heat until they have opened. Drain and discard those that remain closed.
- Remove one of the shells from each mussel and place them in a large, flat refractory dish.
- Melt the butter and transfer to a bowl. Add the parsley, chives, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. - With your fingers or 2 teaspoons, take some butter to the herbs and fill the mussels, pressing well.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and gratin the mussels in the oven preheated to 230º C. for 10 minutes until golden brown.