Winery: Bodegas Hacienda Señorío de Nevada.
Tasting note: Red color turning to mahogany with tiled color edges, offers us a range of tertiary aromas, animals and dried figs in first olfaction, to give way to notes of coconut, fruit compote and waxes. Soft and velvety on the palate with memories of plums in liqueur and maraschino in retronasal.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Pinchos de higos y mozzarella.
Ingredients: 1 scoop of buffalo mozzarella, 4 figs, 8 basil leaves, extra virgin olive oil and Maldon salt.
- Thoroughly wash figs (can be used with skin, partially peeled or fully peeled).
- In any case, once clean cut the two ends and then cut them into two pieces, longitudinal or transverse.
- Drain the mozzarella and cut it in not very thin slices, then cut each slice into two or three pieces, depending on the size of the figs, it should be slightly larger.
- Wash and dry the basil leaves, these should also have a similar size to figs.
- Once the three ingredients are prepared, spread them on small wooden or bamboo skewers, starting with a piece of fig with some salt flakes, then a basil leaf and then a piece of mozzarella.
- Repeat the operation to put two snacks on each skewer. Arrange the skewers on the plates and season with extra virgin olive oil.
- You can also add a string of balsamic vinegar or season the skewer with a vinaigrette of nuts, mustard and honey.