Winery: Bodegas Hacienda Señorío de Nevada.
Tasting notes: Cherry color, without evolution at the edges, bright and clean. On the nose, the red and black fruit is very present and wrapped in aromas of fine leathers. Prunes, memories of black olives and elegant vanilla finish composing the olfactory landscape of this wine. The same aromas are found in the mouth. Excellent acidity and noble tannins. End of good persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Cordero al tomillo y arroz pilaf.
Ingredients: 400 gr. of rice, 3 onions, thyme, parsley, 90 gr. of butter, 3 large glasses of broth, oil and salt, 1 kg. of lamb, 1 green pepper, 2 large carrots, 150 gr. of peas, fresh parsley, some cloves of garlic, 2 glasses of white wine.
- Chop the pepper, onions and carrots and set aside.
- The day before, put the lamb chopped with a few sprigs of parsley, some cloves of garlic and oil and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a pan with a good splash of olive oil and seal the meat adding little by little when you have picked a minimum of color, onions, peppers, peas and carrots.
- When everything has been poached and the onion has changed color, add two glasses of white wine and let it evaporate. At this time the lamb will be made.
To accompany you should prepare pilaf rice:
- Chop an onion and fry it in the butter until it has taken a nice golden color.
- Add the parsley and thyme and then the rice, letting it take the color of the sauce and its flavor.
- Then, add the broth cups and let the pilaf rice be cooked over a high heat reducing the heat as the broth is consumed.