Winery: Bodegas Avelino Vegas
Tasting notes for Rosé Wine Nicte Rosa Pálido 2020:
Only 6,000 bottles of this exceptional rosé with fruity aromas and fresh palate have been produced. Its color is pale pink with salmon tones, clean and bright.
On nose it has good intensity aromas reminiscent of white fruit, and citrus.
The palate is fresh with good aromatic acidity and a sweet and refreshing point. The small cluster of Prieto Picudo, matures very slowly since it suffers the extreme climate of the plateau with very cold nights in the summer. This wine is made with the first must obtained by bleeding.
Optimum service temperature: 7°-10° C.
A pairing: Berberechos al vapor.
Ingredients: 1 Kg. of cockles, 1/2 liter of water, 1/2 glass of white wine, 1/2 lemon, 1 bay leaf, 1 pinch of coriander.
- Before starting to prepare the cockles, they should be soaked in salted water for at least one hour to release the sand. To remove them from the water, use a slotted spoon or a small sieve, without spilling the water to avoid that the sand falls again with the shellfish.
- Then, it is advisable to pass them through the jet of cold water to finish cleaning them well and remove the remains of sand that may have the seafood.
- In a deep skillet pour the water and the wine together with the bay leaf and the half lemon cut into pieces, and bring to a boil.
- When the water boils the cockles are poured. It is not necessary that the water covers all the cockles, in fact they have to be steamed, not boiled. Cover the pan so that the seafood is steamed and kept for about five minutes.
- The best sign that the cockles are ready is when they open. When this happens remove from the heat, pour them into a dish and sprinkle the chopped coriander on top.
It only remains to enjoy this delicious dish.