Winery: Bodegas Valdesil.
Tasting note: Pale yellow color with greenish flashes and subtle glyceric tears. On the nose appear pleasant mineral, balsamic and fruity aromas. Citrus traits, fresh and structured, enveloping and very creamy. Well-balanced acidity persistent.
Optimum service temperature: 8°-10° C.
A pairing: Pastel de marisco y verduras.
Ingredients: 300 gr. of raw zucchini, 100 gr. of cooked peeled prawns, 1/4 of leek, 2 eggs, 100 ml. of whole milk, 100 ml. of vegetable broth, 1 teaspoon of flour or thickener, 1 teaspoon of butter (or margarine), olive oil, salt and black peppercorns.
- Cut the leek in julienne. Peel the zucchini and cut it into pieces. Put a little oil in a pan and cook the leek over medium heat so it does not burn. Once golden, remove from the pan.
- In the same oil, put the zucchini, cover and let it cook with its own water over medium heat until it softens slightly. Then add the broth and season, let it finish cooking and remove from heat.
- Put a little oil in the same pan and cook the prawns until they change color. Reserve three whole prawns and the rest cut them into pieces. Then add half of the cooked zucchini to the pan.
- Crush the other half of the zucchini, along with the leek and add to the pan, season and mix the ingredients.
- Put the milk to cook, with the flour dissolved and let reduce until it thickens a little. Next beat the eggs with a little salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Incorporate the beaten eggs and milk to the other ingredients. Grease a mold with butter or margarine, pour the preparation and put in the oven, previously heated to 180° C.
- It will take to be cooked between 45 and 50 minutes. About 10 minutes before it is fully cooked, put the prawns on top of it in a decorative way. Unmold and let it cool a little to serve with a mild sauce or salad.