Winery: Bodegas Cuatro Rayas
Tasting note for White Wine Descomunal Rueda Verdejo 2020:
Light and delicate wine, made entirely with grapes selected from the Verdejo variety. Golden color with steely reflections.
Aromatic, fruity and smooth.
Great structure and complexity in the mouth achieved thanks to the daily stirring of lees during its preparation.
Optimum service temperature: 6°-8° C.
A pairing: Navajas en salsa.
Ingredients: 12 live knives, 1/2 scallion, 1 clove of garlic, a drizzle of white wine (Lagartijo Verdejo), 1/2 tablespoon of flour, chopped parsley, 50 ml. of fish broth and a chilli pepper.
- Thoroughly clean the knives in water to remove all the sand they might have.
- In a saucepan, put a little olive oil and stir-fry chive and garlic clove chopped. To give them a slight spicy touch add a small chilli pepper.
- When the onion is well poached, add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute it well. We add the wine Lagartijo Verdejo and move the pan a little so that the flavors are distributed.
- Then we incorporate the knives and leave them for three minutes to open while the alcohol of the wine evaporates.
- Add the fish stock or fumet and let the knives cook for three or four more minutes.
- We taste salt and sprinkle with chopped parsley.