Age: Aged 6 months in barrels
Winery: Las Moradas de San Martín
Tasting note White Wine Las Moradas-Albillo Real 2019:
It is a white wine with a bright yellow color.
It contains aromas of dried herbs and ripe fruits, with a light spicy background, all of them quite expressive.
Once in the mouth it is tasty and fruity, with good acidity and well balanced.
Optimum service temperature: 9° C.
A pairing: Bacalao al horno.
Ingredients: 4 or 5 loins or slices of cod, the fresher the tastier the dish, 150 ml. of white wine Albillo Real, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, a pair of chilli peppers, salt, fresh parsley and virgin olive oil.
- We will wash the cod a little and then we will salty it, unless we are going to use a cod already desalted.
- We light the oven at 200° C and while it reaches that temperature we are going to peel the garlic cloves and chop them into thin slices, and we also take some fresh parsley.
- Once the oven is hot, we bake the cod for about 10 minutes at the same temperature. At the same time, we are going to fry the garlic rolled in a pan with a little virgin olive oil, together with the chilli peppers, over a low heat.
- After the baking, on the piece of cod we toss the rolled garlic and the chilli peppers, with the same oil all distributed on the piece of fish, and then we toss over the chopped parsley.
- Pour the white wine well distributed over the tray, so that when it evaporates, it will impregnate the cod with its flavor.
- Close the oven door again and let it continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the cod and accompany it with the garnish to the taste of the diner.