Winery: Bodegas Protos.
Tasting notes: Pastel pink color. Delicate and suggestive nose, where aromas of red fruits dominate, along with touches of white fruit and peach and subtle floral notes, which make Aire de Protos a complex wine with great personality. Palate silky, sweet and fruity, leaving a long and fresh aftertaste.
Optimum service temperature: 8°-9° C.
A pairing: Huevos rancheros.
Ingredients: 2 corn cakes, 2 eggs, 2 ripe tomatoes, 1/4 onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1 teaspoon chile sauce, a pinch of salt, a pinch of garlic salt, olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion, green pepper and tomatoes. Put everything in a pan with a jet of hot oil and sauté it slowly. In the middle of the cooking add the teaspoon of chili sauce, the pinch of salt and garlic salt. Stir occasionally.
- When you are at the point of cooking that we like, we remove it and reserve hot.
- In another pan, add a little olive oil, heat it and brown the cakes, one by one, on both sides. We remove them and reserve them hot.
- In another pan fry the two eggs. We have all the ingredients ready to mount our plate.
- Serve the huevos rancheros placing hot cakes on the bottom of the plate. On top of each corn cake we will put the fried eggs, which we will water with the sauce and decorate with a pinch of coriander or minced parsley. Of course, this dish admits as many variations as families cook it, there are those who add fried beans, sausages, roasted chicken strips, boiled rice, minced meat, fried sausage or bacon, etc.
- If we do not have chili sauce, we can substitute it with a Tabasco sauce or a pair of chili peppers or any other sauce or preparation that we use as spicy, adding more or less according to our taste.