Winery: Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana.
Type of wood and time of passage: La Manzanilla La Gitana remains in American oak boots for at least 5 years.
Tasting note: It has a nice pale gold color. Of clean and bright aspect. On the nose, we find a high intensity, with a predominance of marine aromas, nuts and green olives. On the palate, it has an easy and fresh entrance. Persistent, final warmth with bitter memories of almonds. Good acidity that invites to drink and end of medium persistence.
Optimum service temperature: 11° C.
A pairing: Lenguado a la manzanilla
Ingredients: A sole, 500 gr. approximately, a glass of Manzanilla from La Gitana, 1/2 chopped onion, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the scales, head, spines and fins of the sole and rinse well with plenty of water.
- With a lace we make a cut in the middle, on both sides. So, let's leave the loins well defined.
- We have the onion on a baking tray, on top we put the already seasoned and we add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We put the glass of Manzanilla La Gitana on the loins of sole and bathe the rest of the tray well.
- Put on top of a greaseproof paper, for 15 minutes and then 5 minutes without paper at about 180° C.
- Once the baking phase has finished, place the sole.
There will be a delicious dish!