Winery: Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana
Type of wood and time of passage: La Manzanilla La Gitana en rama remains 8 years in American oak boots of 150 years.
Tasting note of Manzanilla La Gitana en rama:
It presents a beautiful intense golden color. Of clean and bright aspect.
On the nose, we find a high intensity, with a predominance of marine aromas, nuts and green olives.
In the mouth, it has a soft and full body entry. It has a long and pleasant aftertaste.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Corvina a la manzanilla.
Ingredients: A croaker 500 gr. approximately, a glass of Manzanilla La Gitana, 1/2 chopped onion, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the scales, head, thorns and fins of the croaker and rinse well with plenty of water.
- With a lace we make a cut in the middle, on both sides. So, let's leave the loins well defined.
- We have the onion on a baking tray, on top we put the already seasoned and we add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We put the glass of Manzanilla La Gitana on the loins of corvina and bathing well the rest of the tray.
- We will put over a sulfurized paper, for 15 minutes and then 5 minutes without paper at about 180° C.
- Once the baking phase has finished, place the croaker.