Winery: Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana.
Tasting note: Golden yellow color with amber tones. On the nose, it is penetrating, pungent and elegant with notes of nuts, saline notes and touches of oxidative aging. The palate is complex, powerful, balanced and very dry. The passage in the mouth with sea breeze and toast. It has a persistent ending.
Optimum service temperature: 16° C.
A pairing: Lenguado a la manzanilla
Ingredients: A sole, 500 gr. approximately, a glass of Manzanilla from La Gitana, 1/2 chopped onion, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the scales, head, spines and fins of the sole and rinse well with plenty of water.
- With a lace we make a cut in the middle, on both sides. So, let's leave the loins well defined.
- We have the onion on a baking tray, on top we put the already seasoned and we add a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We put the glass of Manzanilla La Gitana on the loins of sole and bathe the rest of the tray well.
- Put on top of a greaseproof paper, for 15 minutes and then 5 minutes without paper at about 180° C.
- Once the baking phase has finished, place the sole.