Winery: Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana.
Type of wood and time of passage: Shortly after a smooth press, the wine is fermented in barrels of Sherry previously used for chamomile past, and left in contact with fine lees for 6 months.
Tasting note: Golden yellow color with slightly amber reflections, it is bulky when shaking the glass. Aromas of chamomile flowers, nuts, highlighting nuts, grape aroma and some smoke with a light touch of caramel. In the mouth it stands out for its acidity, its freshness floods the mouth with its flavor, slightly sharp and saline, there is a lot of balance and a certain complexity. It is a wine with a long finish.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A paring: Ensalada de caballa marinada: a dish with a fish with intense flavor, a powerful ingredient such as ginger and a citrus marinade. You need a wine that does not impose the dish.
Ingredients: 600 gr. of mackerel, a few leaves of lettuce, 2 carrots, 2 green half-cooked asparagus, 1/4 semi-sweet beans, 8 cherry tomatoes, a piece of ginger, 10 gr. of sugar, 2 limes, 1 orange, olive oil, salt and parsley.
- Remove the loins of the mackerel and remove the spines.
- Put in a freezer bag the sugar, the orange zest and its juice, the lime juice and a little grated ginger.
- Season the fish and add it to the bag. We close it well (trying to keep as little air as possible inside it) and let it sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- We put to our taste the leaves of lettuce, carrot sticks, asparagus, green beans and cherry tomatoes. We place the chopped mackerel on top.
- Put the marinated juice in a bowl and add olive oil and salt. We remove to bind and incorporate chopped parsley and season.
An easy and very rich dish!