Winery: Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana
Type of wood and time of passage: Shortly after a smooth press, the wine is fermented in barrels of Sherry previously used for chamomile past, and left in contact with fine lees for 6 months.
Tasting note of Vino Blanco Las 30 del Cuadrado 2021:
Golden yellow color with slightly amber reflections, it is bulky when shaking the glass.
Aromas of chamomile flowers, nuts, highlighting nuts, grape aroma and some smoke with a light touch of caramel.
In the mouth it stands out for its acidity, its freshness floods the mouth with its flavor, slightly sharp and saline, there is a lot of balance and a certain complexity. It is a wine with a long finish.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A paring: Caballa asada con arroz.
Ingredients: 4 loins of mackerel, 200 gr. of rice, 2 medium onions, 4 green peppers, 2 cloves of garlic, water, salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Start by salting the mackerel loins and reserve them.
- Cut the onions and peppers in julienne and sauté in a pan with olive oil until golden brown.
- On the other hand, in a pot put oil to heat, chop the garlic and fry. Add water and when it boils, add the rice. Season and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes. Drain the rice and reserve.
- On a baking sheet, place the onion and pepper on the base, put the white rice on top and finally place the mackerel loins. Add a drizzle of olive oil and bake for 5 minutes at 200° C.
- Serve the loins accompanied by a glass of white wine Las 30 del Cuadrado.