Winery: Bodegas Marqués de Vargas.
Tasting note: It is a tear wine with a pale pink color, clean, expressive and floral. On the nose, it is expressive and intense, with aromas of red forest fruit: currants, raspberries and strawberries, lactic notes (the whole reminds a bit of strawberry yogurt). In the mouth, we find an elegant touch, a wine with a lot of structure. Ideal for good weather.
Optimum service temperature: 7° C.
A pairing: Bacalao al ajoarriero.
Ingredients: 2 kg. of cod, 1/4 liter of olive oil, 1 kg. of tomato, 500 gr. of piquillo peppers, 200 gr. of onion, 6 cloves of garlic, 6 green peppers, 6 chorizo peppers, a little chilli pepper, a little sugar, a little parsley and salt.
- It is given to the cod soaking for 24 hours changing 3 or 4 times of water, and crumbling to the maximum. Wash it well at the tap with cold water. Drain all the water until it is completely dry.
- Put the piquillo peppers with the oil and the garlic in a pan and let it slowly recoil.
- In another casserole put the oil, the finely chopped onion, the green pepper and when it is fried, add the tomato. When it is almost done, add salt and a spoonful of sugar.
-Finally, cook all the cod already squeezed and dried by a pan with oil and four cloves of garlic and when they are golden brown, mix all thrown into the pot where the peppers are.
- Add the choriceros peppers, which have previously been soaked, and cook for 15 minutes adding the parsley and the chilli pepper. It is a dish that improves doing it on the eve.
- Some people add potatoes and also beaten eggs in order to soften. The skin of the cod is also added very chopped as it contains a lot of gelatin that is essential in this dish.