Winery: Bodegas Félix Callejo.
Elaboration: Vintage by hand in boxes and subsequent selection of grapes in double tables. The destemmed and untreated grapes are taken to the fermentation tanks to make a cold pre-fermentation at 10° C.
The native yeasts begin the fermentation towards the fifth day after the incubating. It is left to marinate with the skins for 3 days after the end of the alcoholic fermentation and is uncovered to another tank to carry out the malolactic fermentation spontaneously.
In January it is racked to French oak barrels for 6 months aging before bottling.
It has an attractive cherry color with violet rim.
On the nose, very aromatic, marked notes of berries, with memories of confectionery, balsamic.
The passage in the mouth is fleshy, alive, with sensations of berries, cinnamon, spicy, violet, balsamic and persistent primary end.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Guiso de carne retinta.
Ingredients: 1.5 kg. of beef retinta jarrete, 1 medium onion, 2 leeks, 250 gr. of mushrooms, 250 gr. of chorizo sausage, 200 gr. of peas, 3 carrots, 3 medium potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, 1 l. of red wine, clove, cinnamon sticks, ground cumin, extra virgin olive oil, pepper and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 175° C. Wash the sweet potatoes and put them in a baking tray. Bake for about 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper the meat and in a saucepan with very hot olive oil, brown the meat. Set aside and reserve.
- Cut the onion and the leeks and in the same oil where we have made the meat, cook for a few minutes and add the red wine. Let it boil over medium heat until the vegetables are tender and the alcohol evaporates.
- On the other hand, in a pan, put the carrots cut into slices, the chorizo sausage also into pieces and the mushrooms cut into slices. Snicker and reserve.
- Put in a blender, the red wine that we have boiled with the onion and leek and triturate.
- Put the meat back in the saucepan, add the wine sauce and the chorizo sausage with the zahorias and the mushrooms. We also add the peas, the clove, a cinnamon stick and a teaspoon of ground food.
- Cover everything with water, season and add the potatoes peeled and cut into medium cubes.
- Let everything boil until the meat is completely tender.
- Serve the stew accompanied by a piece of batata peeled with seasoned with a little salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.