Winery: Bodegas Félix Callejo.
Type of wood and time of passage: Aging in French oak barrels for 12 months.
Tasting note: It offers an intense cherry color, with a border of cardinal tones. The nose is very aromatic, primary, with notes of wild red and black fruit, rosemary, lilac, scrubland, oregano, cinnamon, confectionery notes. The palate is complex and structured, very integrated wood, very fruity, black plum and blueberries, fine smoked, mineral character with a persistent finish.
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Pote asturiano.
Ingredients: 1/2 kg of white beans (from the Farm), 1 kg. of kale, 4 medium potatoes, 2 Asturian chorizos, 2 Asturian black puddings, 250 gr. from ear, tail or pork mask and salt to taste.
- Let the beans soak from the previous night.
- Put on the fire a tall pot with 2/4 parts of water and add the sausages and blood sausages (punctured with a fork), the beans and the ear or pork mask.
- When it begins to boil, cover the pot, lower the heat and let cook for 1 hour and a half.
- After this time, toss the chopped cabbage and potatoes, cut into large tacos. Rectify salt and keep the pot covered and over low heat for about 3/4 of an hour more, until everything is tender.
- Then remove from heat and let stand for about 20 minutes. Before serving, chop sausages, chorizos and the ear or mask in regular pieces.
With a glass of wine Callejo a delicacy.