Winery: Bodegas Félix Callejo
Type of wood and time of passage: One discovers to new French oak barrels and of 1 year to realize the malolactic fermentation. The aging is prolonged in the same barrels for 18 months with racking to eliminate the lees.
Tasting note of Red Wine Majuelos de Callejo 2015:
Violet cherry color well covered.
Complex and very aromatic. Great elegance where notes of plum, blueberry, blackberry, pepper, thyme, powdered cocoa, fine leathers, leaves, aromatic woods.
Very juicy, broad, fresh and great structure and balance, sensations of red and black fruit, floral, underbrush, cinnamon, nutmeg, pastry notes. Primary final, dairy and spic
Optimum service temperature: 14° C.
A pairing: Medallones de venado.
Ingredients: 1,500 gr. of venison sirloin, 12 prunes without bone, 1 sprig of thyme, 350 ml. of beef broth, a pinch of salt and pepper, ¼ spoon of ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of ground clove, 125 ml. of red wine (Protos Rva.), 50 gr. of butter, 1 chopped onion and 1 clove of chopped garlic.
- Mix the red wine, the plums, the thyme and the broth and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove, cover and reserve.
- Cut the sirloin into medallions. Mix the salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves and sprinkle over the meat.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the medallions for 4 minutes on each side. Remove them from the pan and reserve them hot.
- In the same skillet sauté the onion and garlic, without taking color and add the wine mixture.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and reduce the liquid in half. Serve the medallions washed with the sauce.
A delicacy. Bon Appetite!