Winery: Bodegas Félix Callejo
Elaboration: 12 months in French oak barrels. Wine made with organic grapes.
Tasting note for Red Wine Finca Valdelroble 2019:
Intense color, bright red, dense, dyes the cup of color and tears.
Deep and delicate aroma; Wild flowers, with mix of exotic ripe fruits. The entrails of limestone rock and spices and smoked bottom are perceived.
In the mouth, memories of the grape, fresh tannin, still to be polished, bulky and at the same time granular in the step, you feel the ripeness of the grape and the long end in time.
Optimum service temperature: 12° C.
A pairing: Paletilla de cordero con setas.
Ingredients: One shoulder of lamb cut into slices, 1 carrot, 1 onion, an assortment of mushrooms (seasonal, canned or dehydrated), flour, black pepper, olive oil and a glass of white wine.
- Seasoning the meat and flour. Fry in a pan with the olive oil and set aside.
- Chop the onion and carrot, put it in a casserole with the olive oil and sauté it. When it is well cooked, add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Then, add a glass of water and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Grind to obtain a sauce and add the assortment of mushrooms: if they are fresh, you just have to clean them; if they are preserved, drain them well before; and if they are dehydrated, hydrate them before in water or white wine).
- Add the reserved pieces of lamb and let cook over medium heat for 30 more minutes.