Winery: Bodegas Félix Callejo.
Elaboration: Fermented in French oak barrels.
Tasting note: Intense yellow color with golden reflections, clean and bright. The nose is intense, ripe exotic fruits, white flowers, aromatic herbs, complex, mineral, spicy and balsamic background. The palate is long, balanced, expressive, fruity memories and end of mouth spicy and very long.
Optimum service temperature: 10°-12° C.
A pairing: Bacalao con tomate.
Ingredients: 4 loins of desalted cod, 2 onions, 1 kg. of ripe tomatoes, 1 medium red pepper, half a teaspoon of sweet paprika, 3 cloves of garlic, 100 ml. of white wine, wheat flour for batter, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the pepper, onion and garlic cloves into small cubes. Peel the tomatoes and chop them too.
- In a medium saucepan put oil to heat and add the peppers and fry until the peppers starts to soften.
- Add the onion and garlic, fry everything until tender. Add the white wine and cook a few minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Incorporate the tomato and a small touch of paprika. Cook for about 30 minutes over low heat stirring the sauce from time to time so that it does not stick.
- On the other hand we prepare the cod. Flour the loins and seal in a pan with olive oil.
- Add the cod to the casserole with the sauce, placing the loins with the skin down, in this way they will finish cooking well and the whole loin will remain.
- Rectify salt if necessary, remember that cod has its own salt. Let cook everything together for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and reserve. It is much tastier if served tempered.