Winery: Bodegas Torre de Oña.
Type of wood: The aging takes place mainly in American oak, which favors the sweetness, the softness and the delicate and complex nuances without there being a great tannic load.
Tasting note: Intense garnet color with medium-high layer, clean and bright. On the nose, fruity notes, with a predominance of blackberries and berries and balsamic touches in the background. Good structure in the mouth, balanced with a good acidity, elegant tannins and a long and pleasant aftertaste where the fruity and balsamic notes stand out again.
Optimum service temperature: 15° C.
A pairing: Redondo de ternera asado.
Ingredients: A piece of 1.5 kg. of veal, 1 large onion, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 bay leaves, dry thyme, white wine, water, salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- First, we prepare the meat by removing the fat, add salt and pepper and also dry thyme on both sides of the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C. above and below.
- Peel the onion in large pieces and place it on a tray suitable for the oven. Place the meat on the onion and put a good squirt of olive oil and a glass of white wine on top.
- Chop the garlic and add to the tray. Also add the bay leaves
- Put some water to make a sauce during the cooking of the meat. Put in the oven and cook on both sides for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour we remove the meat from the oven and let it rest so that the content is reduced. The meat will be well made and juicy.
- Serve cut in thick slices and with sauce on top.