Winery: Compañía de vinos Telmo Rodríguez.
Tasting note: Cherry color, garnet tones. On the nose, very ripe plums, black fruit (currants) toasted, licorice, light lactic notes. In the mouth, polished, tannins present, an enveloping and fleshy texture, a pleasant and persistent finish.
Optimum service temperature: 14°-16° C.
A pairing: Judías pintas con arroz
Ingredients: 400 gr. of black beans, 1 green pepper, 1 tomato, 1 onion, 2 sausages, a piece of bacon, a blood sausage (to be able to be Asturian), a head of garlic, 2 bay leaves, a spoonful of paprika de la Vera, salt , 150 gr. of rice, extra virgin olive oil.
- The first thing we will do is soak the black beans 12 hours before.
- The next day, in an express pot we put in water to cook all the ingredients. The beans, the onion, the pepper, the tomato, the meats, the head of garlic, and the bay leaves. (All previously chopped and prepared)
- Cook for about 35 minutes over medium heat. If we want to make them in a normal pan we will have them between 2 hours and 2 and a half hours.
- When we open the pot, to thicken the broth a little, we take out a couple of tablespoons of beans and some broth and crush them. We add that mixture to the saucepan again.
- In a pan with a little oil, sauté a teaspoon of paprika and add it to the stew. Add the rice and let it finish in the stew.