Winery: Compañía de vinos Telmo Rodríguez.
Tasting note: On the nose, interesting aromatic complexity. Aromas of mountain herbs, ripe fruit and macerated. In the mouth, it is intense, high concentration, tasty and with light spicy touches that come from aging. Fresh, pleasant and easy to drink.
Optimum service temperature: 16°-18° C.
A pairing: Cordero confitado con espinacas y pimientos asados.
Ingredients: 4 lamb shoulders, 1 orange, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 sprig of thyme, 3 cloves, 1 tablespoon of black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and salt. For the accompaniment: 1 bunch of spinach, 2 red peppers, 3 cloves of garlic, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Clean the fat shoulder blades and place them in a deep bowl. Peel and chop the orange and cut the garlic into slices. We put them in the source with the meat and add the thyme, the cloves and the black pepper. Cover with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Put the source in the oven, preheated to 100° C. and cook the lamb for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, we wash the spinach and drain it. We heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the chopped garlic. We add the spinach, we cook until they are done, we put them to the point of salt and we reserve them.
- We also clean and chop the peppers and grilled or baked with a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
- To give the final touch to this dish, once the lamb is cooked, drain it from the oil and put it on a tray in the oven with the grill, until it is golden brown.
- Serve the lamb, accompanied by some spinach and a few pieces of red pepper. You cannot miss a glass of Gazur wine.